Date:
Sun, 30 Aug 1998 16:34:58 GMT+0200
Hi All

Just a note - keeping supers at low temperatures does not kill yeasts
and fungi neccessarily. We have a lab contaminant growing in our walk
in freezers that grows at 2C (two degrees above freezing).

This is a dark green fungus that can in a week cover an area about
the same as a hand. (it has a temperature range that it can grow on
ranging from 2C to 28C near body temp)

The best way to keep supers free of yeast and fungi is to make sure
they have nothing easily fermentable in them. One wants to avoid
having yeast spores etc in your supers  as this may lead to the bees
not always being able to cure honey completely.

Keep well

Garth
Garth Cambray           Camdini Apiaries
Grahamstown             Apis mellifera capensis
Eastern Cape Prov.
South Africa

Time = Honey

After careful consideration, I have decided that if I am ever a V.I.P
the I. may not stand for important.
(rather influential, ignorant, idiotic, intelectual, illadvised etc)