From:
Juanse Barros <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 May 2013 00:17:21 -0400
well fish eat bees, ain't them?

http://m.rspb.royalsocietypublishing.org/content/280/1763/20131047
Hybridization between genetically modified Atlantic salmon and wild brown
trout reveals novel ecological interactions

Abstract

Interspecific hybridization is a route for transgenes from genetically
modified (GM) animals to invade wild populations, yet the ecological
effects and potential risks that may emerge from such hybridization are
unknown. Through experimental crosses, we demonstrate transmission of a
growth hormone transgene via hybridization between a candidate for
commercial aquaculture production, GM Atlantic salmon (*Salmo salar*) and
closely related wild brown trout (*Salmo trutta*). Transgenic hybrids were
viable and grew more rapidly than transgenic salmon and other
non-transgenic crosses in hatchery-like conditions. In stream mesocosms
designed to more closely emulate natural conditions, transgenic hybrids
appeared to express competitive dominance and suppressed the growth of
transgenic and non-transgenic (wild-type) salmon by 82 and 54 per cent,
respectively. To the best of our knowledge, this is the first demonstration
of environmental impacts of hybridization between a GM animal and a closely
related species. These results provide empirical evidence of the first
steps towards introgression of foreign transgenes into the genomes of new
species and contribute to the growing evidence that transgenic animals have
complex and context-specific interactions with wild populations. We suggest
that interspecific hybridization be explicitly considered when assessing
the environmental consequences should transgenic animals escape to nature

And bees do not pollinate wheat
Q&A from USDA/APHIS on genetically engineered
wheat<https://hootsuite.com/dashboard#> found
in Oregon:
http://www.aphis.usda.gov/publications/biotechnology/2013/faq_brs_ge_wheat_detection.pdf