From:
Steve Rose <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Jul 2018 11:25:51 +0100
> Steve, I presume you're taking part in the Plymouth University survey promoted by Victoria at the Conference in Aberystwyth?

Chris I only have marginal involvement with the Plymouth study but am
working very closely with a similar study at Bangor University. It's a
3-year PhD study, part funded by my local association, of the purity and
geographic distribution of honey bees in Wales.  The North Wales queen
rearing groups are offering what they believe are their purest stocks
for part of the study.  The study is also interested in the bees of
non-queen rearers, feral colonies and the large area in North West Wales
where bees are surviving without mite treatment.  I am a bit puzzled by
the fact that Bangor was not invited to speak at that conference as
their work is particularly pertinent to the bees in the WBKA's area.
The WBKA, of course, ran the conference and chose the speakers.

Steve

---