From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Aug 2012 05:48:48 -0500
>> The latest ABJ is out today, and I have to commend Randy on his
>> well-written and comprehensive article on a topic we have worked over
>> quite
>> thoroughly here.

My ABJ has not yet came. Its around 4 am and my day is starting. Will read
when arrives and things slow down.(January?)

Perhaps Randy should have been a lawyer?

> It is interesting that the the noise on the neonics has gone below the
> threshold. Is it because there just does not seem to be a problem except
> in
> spring corn planting dust and some nursery stock?

Over simplification of a problem like above is what politicians do.
One of my most famous quotes from when I first came on BEE-L I think
applies:

"Beekeeping is both simple and complicated at the same time" (Bob Harrison
years ago)

"The neonics are both simple and complicated at the same time"

I think a bit premature to conclude as Bill has that the *only* issue with
the neonics are from corn planting dust and nursery plants.

Not yet convinced bees consuming a toxic substance (even at what the USDA
and chemical companies say is safe) is a good thing!

Buy organic!

> BTW, I sent your questions on the Harvard study to a friend who knows one
> of the researchers and it was forwarded to the researcher a month ago. So
> far no response nor do I expect one.

My old email address is not working. Sorry. I am far behind in email.
Questions will have to wait as only able to spend a few minutes a day on
BEE-L

Need to get ready to start the day. Enough armchair beekeeping for today!

"The answers to today's beekeeping problems are in the bee yards "

CCD after all the time and money spent ended back at the start trying to
figure out why the puzzle was not solved.

My opinion:

Too complicated for a simple answer which is what the public wanted.

Drought worsens and you see things you never see. Animals together risking
predators at the few ponds not dry. Squirrels, foxes , bobcats and birds of
prey all around the pond getting water.

Seems like a truce while getting water. Very strange.

Bumble bees starving fighting over
the spilled honey on the back of the flatbeds.

Animals dying from toxic levels of nitrate in certain pasture grass (like
Johnson grass).

We are seeing cooler temps but still no rain in my area.

bob
Midwest (extreme drought area)
U.S.A.