From:
Paul O'Connor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 1 Oct 1995 22:39:36 PDT
My son began just one more hobby this year that I have inherited. Beekeeping! But at least this time it
is one that I find enjoyable. I have two hives and both colonies seen to be doing quite well. In central
Pennsylvania we had an extremely dry summer with as much as six weeks between rains. It appears
that honey production has suffered quite a bit. Checking the hives I found the brood chamber and upper
chamber both at about 80 % capacity. However the shallow supper I had on top was not even visited
apparently! Well better luck next year....which leads me to my question.
Is it best to re-queen in fall or spring and under what circumstances should it be done at all? I do want
to get off on the right foot NEXT year!
Name: Paul O'Connor
E-mail: [log in to unmask] (Paul O'Connor)
10/01/9522:39:36
ARS N3OYB........................Life's too short for QRP
This message was sent by Chameleon