From:
Peter Loring Borst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Sep 2016 07:46:25 -0400
Randy writes
We'll breed daughters to requeen our operation next spring.  I suspect that if all beekeepers did this, that varroa would become less of a problem each year.

We often hear what would happen "if all beekeepers did this" or that. For example, Dennis vanEngelsdorp states:

"What is clear from all of our efforts is that Varroa is a persistent and often unexpected problem. Even beekeepers who do treat for mites often don't treat frequently enough or at the right time. If all beekeepers were to aggressively control mites, we would have many fewer losses."

PLB