From:
Richard Cryberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 7 Jul 2018 20:20:25 +0000
"It is absolutely amazing to me the potential health risks to themselves
that beekeepers will lightheartedly take to control varroa."

So which is more dangerous?
1. Subliming oxalic acid to treat mites using reasonable and available safety gear and commercial application equipment and following proven procedures.
2. Getting in a car/truck and driving public highways and roads to get from home to bee yards.

Looks to me like the evidence is pretty clear.  We have zero dead or even hospitalized people from item 1 as far as I know and yet kill some 30,000 people in vehicles each year on our roads.  Yes, both can be very dangerous if you do not use safety equipment and follow the rules.  People who take those risks are called Darwin award winners.

Dick