From:
"J. Waggle" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 16 Mar 2013 23:07:02 -0400
>I followed a contest last year on Beesource.  Odfrank always blew everyone
out of the water, just can't compete with those SoCal beeks.

Ok we can exclude Odfrank,,, just kidding. ;)
Maybe divide into regions

Yes, a system based on latitude would be good.
Perhaps the 5 latitude sections of the Continental
USA could compete within their own latitude.

>I was happy with 4 swarms and 2 cutouts,,,
> I tried 10 or so swarm traps the last two years and have had big
fat 0s that way.

Jeremy, were the 4 swarms from swarm referrals,
and not from hives?  2 cut outs is not bad either,,,
suggests you do have a feral population.
Sometimes its a matter of getting your name
out for referrals.

Even with a low feral population, you should have
about 20% success rate with well placed traps.

I'm curious about your trapping procedures.
If you want to, please send me information
about how you are going about using bait
hives. And if you have pics related to your
trapping posted somewhere I can look at.
Maybe I can help.

Best Regards
Joe Waggle
Pennsylvania