From:
LLOYDSPEAR <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Jun 2002 08:50:32 -0400
The two most common reasons for not having a success with Ross Rounds supers
are:
1.  Putting a super on top of two deeps.  Yes, two deeps does help (a great
deal) in controlling swarming, but if faced with an alternative bees will
always put honey in drawn comb before drawing new comb.  Practically, this
means that before starting to draw the comb in the Ross Rounds super, the
bees will first fill the top deep with 80 pounds of honey!  By then, the
flow may be over.

Shake all the bees into one deep and put the Ross Round super on top.  (I
put three on top!)

2.  The second most common mistake is to not use the strongest hive a
beekeeper has.

Look at www.rossrounds.com, as well as in the Bee-L archives.  Producing
comb honey, and specifically Ross Rounds, should be one of the greatest
thrills a beekeeper can have.

Don't hesitate to contact me with any further questions.

Lloyd
Lloyd Spear, Owner of Ross Rounds, manufacturer of comb honey equipment
for beekeepers and Sundance pollen traps.
http://www.rossrounds.com