From:
BCULTURE <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 May 1998 08:43:28 EDT
Hello,
In responce to a question that came up on this list recently on how to obtain
the above mentioned book, I must comment on the coincidence. The A.I. Root
Co., in cooperation with the USDA Bee Lab in Tucson, AZ, has just last week
placed McGregor's Handbook of Pollination on our web page. Included are all
the chapters, but some of the introduction and summary has been left out, at
least for now. Many of the photos were not included, but most of the line
drawings are. The structure has been modified somewhat to make it easier to
find certain crops, but the text has been left unchanged. You can click on any
particular crop and go directly to it. It has taken about a year to produce
this work, and the USDA people, who did much of the initial work, are to be
congratulated. Bee Culture magazine did the organization and layout of the
page
But this is a book in transition.  We are rewriting most of the book, and when
a crop chapter has been rewritten, it will be added to the book, and noted
right on the page, so readers will know immediatiely that something new has
been added. It will pay to visit often. It is, essentially, the first virtural
beekeeping book.
I invite you to visit the page, www.airoot.com and check out the Bible of
Pollination, available now electronically. Enjoy.

Kim Flottum,
Editor, Bee Culture Magazine