From:
Allen Dick <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 10 Dec 1996 13:35:51 -0600
> "Bees are stupid little thing"     With all due respect I object.

I'm with Jerry on this.  Those words made me stop.  But then, I
thought that I really can't define intelligence (asssumed to be the
opposite of stupidity).  There are some who can, and perhaps will
resurrect the discussion that went on about this some time back.

It is interesting that we, as homo sapiens, tend to be rather nigardly
in assigning intelligence to our companion beings here on this
planet.

Should we ever meet another race of beings in our intergalactic
travels who approach our ability to plunder, pillage and exploit, I
can only hope that they somehow notice that we are indeed intelligent
in spite of our mob and group insanities and that they respect and
conserve intelligent species and beings -- as we do not.

After all, since the history of this world is one of refusing to grant
'person' status to our fellow humans, it is no wonder that we might
find bees 'stupid' for being bees.

After all it has been recently discovered that our famous IQ tests
do little but determine the species, political, social group to
which the subject belongs.

:)

Regards

Allen

W. Allen Dick, Beekeeper                                         VE6CFK
RR#1, Swalwell, Alberta  Canada T0M 1Y0
Internet:[log in to unmask] & [log in to unmask]
Honey. Bees, & Art <http://www.internode.net/~allend/>