From:
Jerry Bromenshenk <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 25 May 2014 17:14:02 -0400
"It's not possible to get untreated seeds in many areas of North America. The question was....why not? "

We've been looking at the crop dust problem this year.  And, we looked at the transfer of neonics from corn seed to pollen in IL, IN, NE, and from canola seed to nectar and pollen near Lethbridge.

None of these growers want untreated seed.

More sobering was when we tried to find untreated corn for a control and went tolocal 'organic'/farmer's market growers.  All started with treated seed - with the treated seed, they could get a marketable crop without additional pesticides.  Without, it was a no go.