From:
Gavin Ramsay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Aug 2010 15:46:17 +0000
> That's the jump that the media, the public, and sometimes
> beekeepers want to make.  Unfortunately, I also see researchers
> doing the same - and we're supposed to have been trained to be
> objective.

Its worse than that Jerry.  This media attention appears to have been pushed by
the UK's premier organic organisation the Soil Association and a leading insect
conservation charity Buglife.  The SA have renewed their call for a banning of
this class of insecticides because of the 'new research'.

It isn't a fringe organisation but one that government takes seriously to the
extent of having them at the table as stakeholders for appropriate consultation.

To gain an idea of the quality of their thinking on bees, try the first version
of the briefing paper linked to the 'Ban Neonicotinoids' petition they started
last year.

http://www.organicinform.org/uploads/documents/28HyKXJGl317k.pdf

best wishes

Gavin