From:
Donald V Israel <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 31 Dec 1996 11:04:28 -0600
Alyn W. Ashworth wrote:
 slide-in units to
> help varroa detection and will let me swap between open mesh and solid
> floors at will. Do you have any experience with anything like this.
>
> Cheers,
> --
> Alyn W. Ashworth
> Lancashire & North-West Bee-Keepers' Association. UK.
> (but I don't speak on their bee-half)
I bought a slide in unit for varroa detection. It is a white plastic pan
with plastic mesh(wood bound). It fits on the bottom board and the bees
have room to get in and out. From discussions on ventilation over the
past few days it seems right to leave it in all winter.I take it out
after I mind dead mites.

Comments please.

Beeing your friend
Don