Date:
Sun, 25 Aug 1996 06:33:14 +0200
Bee Liners;

I am working with a large Bulgarian beekeeper who wants to expand his
beekeeping operation using Langstroth equipment.  We are looking at different
suppliers of equipment, and it would be advantageous to purchase from a
European manufacturer.  I have two questions:
1.  Are the European Langstroth hive dimensions different from the American
Standard (American standard is 24.368 cm deep, 37.306 cm wide, 46.514 cm long,
15. 875 mm frame rest; frame size 48.26 cm long top bar, interior frame
dimensions 20.32 cm deep, 43.18 cm long).  If there are no differences we can
look strickly at price, shipping and quality issues.

2.  Can anyone recommend European hive manufacturers?  He is interested in
buying 10,000 hive bodies and frames.

Mnay Thanks, and please reply to [log in to unmask]

Bill Lord
Temporarily in Sofia Bulgaria