Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 13 May 2008 22:43:20 -0700
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (22 lines)
Steve Noble:
  The question I have is more along  the lines of just what is it that I can take from your unique situation to  apply to my situation which is a lot different. 

Reply:
Steve, the only thing we/I changed was the comb size, going thru two regressions back down to 4.9mm top tolerance. As for doing, well there are well over 2,000 members on the organic list now and many more in numbers are not officially signed up, with success stories in several foreign countries. It also means, like I have always done......no treatments and no artificial feeds and old-fashioned splitting and queen rearing like I have done my whole life, while following the bees and their needs....nothing hard. 

But if it can be done in the Nordic states, and Europe, and AFrica and S. America, carribean islands, and Far East, then don't see why you cannot do it also, if you want to........the problem is wanting to fwiw.......be it small cell for commercial doing, or just foundationless or TBHs even.

I kept all my commercial equipment with liftgates and extracting, packing equipment. It all works fine.......like I said, basically just changed the comb size back down to pre-1920s or late 1800s era before the time of sizing up became popular for bigger is better!!

And Like I said, ....if I now as a 61 year old poor old beekeeper woman can do it, then you can too for it's not really that hard a concept changing the combs, especially with all the contaminated stuff out there today needing to be changed! What have you to lose if gotta make changes anyway or get out of business?

Dee A. Lusby 

* General Information About BEE-L is available at: *
* http://www.honeybeeworld.com/bee-l/default.htm   *

ATOM RSS1 RSS2