From:
"J. Waggle" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 May 2008 07:24:25 -0400
My thoughts here are,,,

* The inability of the bee to chew itself out makes this unlikely.

* It would perhaps be impossible for the bee to exit backwards, with that
end still being wrapped in a cocoon.

My best guess explaining the observation,,,
A young bees ‘first job’ after hatching is to clean its own cell out.

I suspect that young bee 'just hatched', would also be very tired,
spending more time cleaning out its own cell, and occasionally opting to
rest motionless inside its cell where it feels most comfortable, as
any "baby" would perhaps want to feel secure and rest up.  ;)

Best Wishes,
Joe

“—Some one calculates that an acre of
buckwheat yields fourteen pounds of