Date:
Fri, 7 Jul 2017 15:38:38 +0000

I was pondering this discussion this morning as another swarm moved in.  It was mentioned that the like "stacks of 4"  I have found that not to be the case.  All my stacks are on 4 way pallets as singles,  so they are moving into single hive bodies,  completely ignoring pallets of supers 40 yards away.    That got me to pondering Dr. Seeleys work,  I have had a few large swarms move into larger hives,  so it makes me wonder,  do the scout bees change their size preference based on the size of the original hives or swarms?
Dr. Seeleys work was with wild hives,  so does a huge domestic hive look at bigger boxes?  hence the different observations???

Charles