From:
allen dick <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
allen dick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Feb 2007 22:03:02 -0800
On thinking this over, it seems to me that any amount of experimental
evidence in favour of a theory cannot prove it absolutely, BUT that *one*
single experiment, appropriately chosen, duly performed and controlled,
supervised and replicated over and over can and will absoutely disprove a
theory.

Let me therefore ask this:

In the minds of those who *believe* in the dance language hypothesis (as
opposed to those who merely regard it as one of a number of interesting and
possibly useful ideas), what single experiment would it take to prove
absolutely that the dance language hypothesis is untenable, or at least open
to serious question?

If we don't get at least one answer to this, I'm going to have to conclude
either 1.) that nobody here believes strongly in the dance language
hypothesis, or 2.) that nobody who does can imagine anything that would
change his/her mind about it.