From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Feb 2010 21:43:12 -0600
Hello All,
Thanks for the replies!
Good advice!
I think the weather forecast will decide which way I go.
My help is spoiled. We usually simply drive into the yard . Slide the lid to
expose the inside feeder. Turn on the pump and pump the feeders full.
The feed truck weighs five tons loaded and the fields soft so will need to
feed another way and then move these hives into an all weather yard. I can
get in with one of the smaller trucks.
I paid a farmer to use his field for a holding yard last fall but I had
health issues and did not get all moved.
I think feed now might be more important than moving.
I go tomorrow for test results and to learn if I can resume spring bee
work( or at least get his opinion).
 If the doc says to ok to resume normal bee work then after feeding will
start bringing
those yards to the road with the swinger. Some trips might be a few hundred
yards a two pallet load but others are within fifty feet of a gravel
entrance road..
Would have been a lot easier when dry last fall!
 I can feed with the big truck most yards  as gravel
close by and we carry 200 feet of hose.
. Slow work bringing  pallets out of the worse mud yards but I have never
stuck
a swinger with the all terrain tires.
I guess I provided more information than needed.
bob