From:
Dick Marron <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Apr 2010 11:19:37 -0400
expectancy, cognitive reinterpretation, and diversion of attention, users of
biologically useless treatments often experience measurable relief.<<<<<<<<<

This touches on my area of expertise. (Psychology, hypnosis). It is known
that suggestion can actually make physical change occur. It's not all bogus.
In a study of Valium 3 treatment levels were examined:
1. The real thing. (Improved)
2. The placebo     (Less improvement)
3. Those who didn't know they were medicated, but got Valium.
Those who got Valium and didn't know it....did not improve. Explain that! It
works, but you must know you are taking it!

It occurs to me that a real (bee) trial would be one in which the raters (of
outcome) were blind to what the treatments were. It's not a question of
honesty but if you've invested money in developing a product it would be
hard to see it not work. I assume this is done in the best studies, but I'm
not positive.

Dick