From:
randy oliver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 14 Feb 2009 16:45:28 -0800

> >Whoooa man....I sure would like to hear more elaboration on the above
> Randy

Hi John, I was just checking to see if anyone was paying attention  : )
We're in the middle of snowstorms, so my internet connection is on and off.

The Tucson Lab used Megabee as the protein source in the greenhouse trials.
The colonies went downhill hard after two brood cycles.  The addition of a
little bit of natural bee bread scraped from combs brought them right back
to health.  Not sure if natural pollen (not yet fermented into bee bread
would have done the same).

Anyway, shows that Megabee is still apparently missing something.  Dr
Wardell is working on a liquid supplement.  Megabee is clearly a great
pollen SUPPLEMENT, but is not yet a SUBSTITUTE.  It works fine if some small
amount of natural pollen is available to the foragers (USDA tests and in my
own tests).

You may wish to check out my webpage on Pollen Supplement Formula under
Nutrition.  www.scientificbeekeeping.com.  I tested a homemade formula that
kicked butt!  But I haven't tried it in greenhouse trials.

Randy Oliver