From:
"Lipscomb, Al" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Dec 1998 10:38:38 -0500
I have been using a mixture of deep and medium boxes for brood chambers and
am having good luck. My next configuration will be to use three medium boxes
for brood with mediums added for honey storage. With three boxes I should be
able to reduce swarming by moving boxes around and by making splits. The
smaller boxes should allow me to pull entire boxes off to make a split
without taking too much from the original colony.