Date:
Fri, 22 Feb 2013 15:47:09 -0700
An excerpt from
http://www.producer.com/daily/ontario-field-study-finds-no-link-between-seed-treatments-bee-deaths/

"A comprehensive field study conducted last summer near Guelph, Ont.,
found no link between insecticidal seed treatments and bee health.
The findings are in contrast to European reports suggesting insecticides
are destroying bee colonies across the globe,
Researchers are still reviewing the Ontario data, but the evidence shows
that canola treated with clothianidin, a Bayer neonicotinoid, is not a
threat to bee colony health, said Cynthia Scott-Dupree, a professor in
the University of Guelph’s School of Environmental Sciences.
“From the data that I’ve seen, I’m not seeing any effect of exposure …
to canola treated with clothianidin,”..."