From:
Tom Martin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Feb 2006 12:50:12 -0500
>  Do any situations exist for a hive that is in a remote area and not
>accessible at a good time for supers?

>Maybe you should try to re-state that question. What are you asking?

Herve,
 I can give it a try. What about taking a few colonies a few mountains
over, into an off the beaten path valley that has white clover that was
planted for whitetail deer. I have not done so because of not being able to
put supers on when needed.
 Myself I don't have any plans to try the JHH but it would seem like a
situation where they could be used. Especially for those folks who don't
move their colonies any during the year.
 Here in this part of Pennsylvania there are quite a number of
beekeepers who have 1 to 5 hives and the hives are never moved. For most
of them the goal is honey for themselves and a few friends.
 The thought going thru my mind also thinks of these folks. IF this hive
is more ideal for the bees, Subtract the commercial pollination
concerns, add in the hobby beekeeper with their specific concerns and what
do you get?

Thomas Martin