Date:
Thu, 7 Mar 2013 10:03:32 -0800
> ... email they received from an anti-pesticide/Monsanto group who
> informed all of us
> that the reason for the disappearing bee is because Monsanto
> created the
> neonics to kill off the world wide bee population because
> they had
> developed a super "GMO Bee" and would corner the market.

I read a similar post last week on an anti-Monsanto site, saying a GMO-resistant bee is currently in development. I asked the poster to please cite his source so other readers could verify it. I got no response. I waited a couple of days and asked again, even offering to confront Jerry Hayes about it. Still no response ...

Of course, this post was mixed with others claiming, among other things, that Monsanto has banned GMOs in its own lunchroom; that studies favorable to GMO safety are concocted by Monsanto and attributed to prestigious universites (presumably without those universities catching wind of it); and that we can soon expect all 50 states to ban people from growing their own food, so that Big Ag can finally exercise complete control over our diet.

Eugene Makovec
Missouri USA