From:
Juanse Barros <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 27 Mar 2010 03:53:29 +0100
Bill T
> When I tried reverse engineering the ppb that was in the study, it came
out to about 15 if the thymol was 1m ppb. If not, and it was the *oregano*,
then thymol was down in the 6 or less drops as noted in Cam's post.

Bill , can you explain more about the "oregano" source. I couldn't open the
ars link.

I am going to try for nosema control, in the following weeks, a product name
*Orego-stim*.

It was recommend to me by its chilean importer. There is no much information
about its formulation in their web http://www.orego-stim.com/ . Also no info
about bee uses. I figure out of its name that it is based on oregano.

The recommended dose was 0.5 ml per litre of syrup, which is much more than
the drops you mention.

I will keep you informed.

I plan to try the following

A.- On a known infected colony (14 x10^6 spores per bee)

1.- Give 1 litre of "medication" (0.5 ml / 1 litre) to ONE colony, just to
know It doesn't die and it consume it.
2.- Two  days latter, give 10x the dose recommended (5ml / 1 litre) to check
security (if they consume it)
3.- Check spore counts

B.- On 10 known infected colonies (> 10 x10^6)

1.- Give 1 litre of medication per week for 3 weeks
2.- Check spore count
3.- Give 1 litre of medication for a 4th time
4.- Check spore count

suggestions, recommendations, comments?

--
Juanse Barros J.