From:
Aaron Morris <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Feb 2006 00:08:13 -0500
Mike in LA writes he "Likes the SMRs and the Russians ... not impressed with the Italian/Buckfast cross."

My observation is SMR is a trait, not a race and I am left wondering what was the liniage of the SMR bees that Mike likes.  Many breeders claim to have incorporated SMR into their lines.  SMR Italians, SMR New World Carniolans, queens that exhibit SMR from breeders north of the border aouth of the Mason/Dixon.  Like sourwood honey, there are a lot more SMR queens sold than produced!

Aaron Morris - I think, therefore I bee!