Discussion of Bee Biology <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Jun 1996 14:49:19 -0400
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (20 lines)
In a message dated 96-06-07 12:33:48 EDT, [log in to unmask] (Gerry      
Visel) writes:                                                                  

>  I presume there will be some impact on pollination, but I can guess          
>what the cost of producing a pound of honey will do.  I believe most           
>beekeepers are in it for the honey.                                            

There are many commercial beekeepers who make their primary livelihood       
from pollination service, myself included.  In California and parts of the      
northwest the income from pollination service is greater than, or as much as,   
the income from honey.  I belive this is likely true in Michigan, NY, and New   
England, and Florida, with some other smaller areas too.                        

[log in to unmask]    Dave Green,  PO Box 1200,  Hemingway,  SC                 
29554                                                                           

Practical Pollination Home Page            Dave & Janice Green                  
http://users.aol.com/pollinator/polpage1.html                                   

ATOM RSS1 RSS2