From:
Juanse Barros <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Apr 2010 01:43:12 +0200
I have finish the analisis of the samples of the second experiment with
orego-stim.
This time a challenge of fumagilin v/s orego-stim.

Two yards side by side.
Both yards F (fumagilin) and O (oregano) had a similar managment history,
amount of hives, etc.
10% of hives sampled before and after treatment. Hives sampled were ramdomly
selected.
Yard F was treated 3 times with fumagilin as per label dosage, 5 days apart
between treatment
Yard O was treated in parallel with the other yard (same dates) but with
high concentration of Oregostim (12 ml/litre).

Both yard where sample one week before and after the treatment.
No control (ie. no treatment).

Both yard were moved to a different place after treatment (and sampling) so
we can follow their evolution during winter and re sample early in spring.

Results follows.

 spores (x10^4) sort by diference before-after  Type Before After dif  o 775
11 764  f 543 71 472  f 483 47 436  f 458 37 421  f 388 5 383  o 398 34 364
o 295 2 293  o 318 38 280  f 220 5 216

f= fumagilin o= orego-stim
 multiply by 10.000 to have average spores per bee
Conclutions 2 and 3 from previous experiment hold.

Next communication after winter, probably around the 1st of august. stay
tunned!!!

Tiny mini experiment.

--
Juanse Barros J.