From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Apr 2011 19:07:25 -0500
I write:
> I realize its hard for many to understand the way commercial migratory
> beekeepers work today.

It is hard for many to understand the way we work. Period.

>There's nothing mysterious about commercial beekeeping.

Keep reading Pete.

 You give me the numbers and I will do the math.

Ok.

>On the face of it, the number sounds completely wrong. By that calculation,
>one person could manage 2000 colonies with no help and working no overtime.
>Is this what you are claiming?

Your homework assignment tonight Pete is to go back and pull up the Bee
Culture article from the early 90's done by Kim Flottum. Post the page and
the comment on BEE-L.

In the article you will hear Richard tell Kim he employees I person for
every
two thousand hives he runs.

Most will remember the article as most of the article was about the way Adee
Honey Farms prepares its boxes for use in the field. Nothing about the way
he runs 2000 hives with a single employee.

I prepare my woodenware similar to Richard. I use copper napth , then a coat
of primer and then two coats of paint.

bob

Ps. The statement by Richard had hobby & sideline beekeepers asking me about
the comment for several years after his statement.