Date:
Thu, 7 Jan 2010 16:31:34 -0500
>If anyone wants to challenge basic biology, fine; but otherwise there is no room for argument about these things.  These relationships are well established, deeply and  amply supported by evidence... I can only offer to sceptics that you read some of the material.. and work at understanding the mechanisms in play.  The rest of my  website should help.

Nobody is disputing the few facts you offer.  The problem is the assumptions and generalisations which are woven around them are not very well based and ignore the realities poilitical and economic that complicate the questions.

Without consulting your site, I can assure you that the regulars here have very deeply considered all sides of the issues for quite a long time now and are not able, for the most part to find facile solutions that actually fit the varied circumstances in the varied parts of the globe where bees are managed (or not) for many diverse purposes.

It is not that the points you raise are in themselves wrong, but that they only address a tiny aspect of the entire problem. (or is it problems?)

We agree with you, art least I do, but have found the issue to be far more complex.  What you advocate is widely understood and practiced, indeed by any of us on the list, however we have not found that it is anywhere near a solution, even in the short term, and because new challenges arise suddenly and this approach is time-consuming and costly, cannot be counted on to handle such situations.

So, you are preaching the choir.  We have heard it all before, and are down to the nuts and bolts of the questions.