From:
Mike Stoops <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Feb 2006 16:40:13 -0800
Milt Lathan <[log in to unmask]> wrote:Now for the Dumb Question - Speaking only of dry or moist feed, I never
see any evidence that a healthy hive is storing spring feed - do they?

The only dumb question is the one that isn't asked.

That said, it's been my experience that when the hive is raising brood, they bring in pollen if at all possible and if you see the hive bringing in pollen it bodes well for the colony health and active brood rearing.  You should be able to see incoming bees landing on the entrance board with pods of pollen on their hind legs.  These pods can be almost any color, red, yellow, green, brown.  Haven't seen any blue pollen come in but that doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

Mike in LA

 Yahoo! Mail