From:
Giuseppe Caboni <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Mar 2012 21:55:34 +0100
hi to all
sorry if I insert myself into the discussion. but let me know if you did a calculation on the cost of treatments for the control of nosema!
I would give my two cents of experience,
years ago I spoke of problems with Nosema ceranae here in Sardinia on this list.personally have tried to find a solution for our climatic conditions. We initially tested several control products, thymol, fumidil, apiherb, and a product of Bayer which is not currently remember the name. we performed this research for two years, and in different parts of Italy. the result of our investigation was that if in the hives sample (without treatment) there was a rise in natural spores of nosema, no product had asufficient efficacy, the fumagillin was the product that had a greater effect, (not higher than 70% ) but shortly afterwards the spores rapidly increasing. however, if the hivessample had a natural decrease of spores, all the products worked, ... of course withdifferent levels of effectiveness! the product more effectively, was the fumagillin (over 90%) but it worked very well in the formulation of thymol Ryce. I can not quantify in moles, but we utilizzavammo 36 g thymol dissolved in alcoll for 600 kg of sugar. This experience led to a nosema see how a disease that depends critically important to the sensitivity of .I can not quantify in moles, but we use 36 grams of thymol dissolved in alcoll for 600kg of sugar. This experience led to a nosema see how a disease that depends critically important to the sensitivity of the race of bees and the conditions of the season. because the conditions of the season are not predictable, we started toremove all the small hives in the fall, and also delete all hives that had signs ofdisease in spring, trying to multiply all the hives that came from the winter in excellent condition. so looking to widen the main weapon of defense of bees, in my opinionbiodiversity.
We have had major losses initially, but with sterilization by gamma rays and the frames with the self-production of packages of bees in a short time we managed to recover losses. for now we are very satisfied and they do not we spend more money on treatments that allow even sensitive nosema bees to survive.
currently follow more than 3000 hives
sorry my bad english but I'm doing online help from a translator.  ( http://translate.google.it/#auto|it| )
thanks
 Giuseppe caboni