From:
Richard Martyniak <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Sep 2016 21:39:31 -0700
Fewer wild or feral colonies? Not here in Florida, since AHB arrived. Numbers are increasing, based on several metrics. Some in our state group have been performing honey bee removals for over 4 decades. We document increased Colony numbers and density in most of the Peninsula, behavior as well. Ferals are a growth industry here.

Also, mosquito abatement, per established protocols, including aerial adulticide treatments..don't lay waste to all insects, despite the news and social media hyperbole.
And this. One colleague demonstrated honey bee colony growth in adulticide treated agriculture fields vice control fields. Yeah, one paper, I know, but..

Also, fwiw, I remember mayhem in the medvet ento rearing labs, when someone would smoke A cig in the bathroom, on the other side of the building. Colonies of small flies would crash. Other labs with larger insects? No issue.
Richard Martyniak