From:
"J. Waggle" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 7 May 2011 09:20:45 -0400
Randy,

I'll mark a few colonies and record mite counts
throughout the season.   I'll do 1/2 cup of
bees, (around 300), and count the bees and
mites afterwards to adjust for accuracy.

Is once a month sufficient?
I can perhaps do every 2 weeks if necessary.
I plan on taking the bees from capped brood also.

Maybe I could pull 10 caped drone and count
them also, to see whats doing on there.
,,,and perhaps grab a photo of the frame
the bees are taken from.

Sometime, I would like to send you a few queens,
if you are interested,,, I'll absorb shipping costs.
Just curious how they would respond in a high
mite pressure area.  It would love to have your
opinion on them.

Randy, I've also been interested in doing an
experiment for fun, related to bees moving eggs.
Hiving my next swarm captured in my ob hive.
I might affix a frame with a queen excluder,
allowing the queen to lay in an area
2 inches by 7 vertical on a frame.  I doubt I
can get photo evidence,  but I figured if I
remove some bees to relieve congestion it
might help with observation,, send suggestions.

Best Wishes,
Joe Waggle