From:
Walter Zimmermann <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Mar 2006 08:19:28 EST
Hi: Peter and others
In your closing paragraph you finished off with
< the AHB genes are going to be eventually moved north.>
Most of the Country is concerned. I heard that some AHB genetics have
arrived in NY state.
That's too close for my liking , since I'm in the Niagara Region.

It would be interesting to hear from some of the big US queen breeders  how
are keeping their stocks clean and are telling the truth about their  queen
genetics.

Probably requeening with our stock is your assurance for your hives.
In Ontario Ministerial permits  from the Chief  Apiarist are required to
bring in Queens from south of the boarder. I'm  sure the MBA has some info for you
on this.
The inevitable will happen. It's wait and see relying on people to  find what
ever solutions there may be.
Maybe there will be some good in what is feared  to be bad.
Walter
Ontario