From:
yoonytoons <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Dec 2003 11:24:40 -0500
Great Holidays to Y’all:

“Moreover, beekeepers often talk about 'frames of brood', and then switch
and immediately talk about 'frames with brood' interchangeably, and it
gets very confusing.  Sometimes, I wonder if it is done on purpose, but
hopefully we can agree on terms here,” says Allan.

Although I do not know to what extent these two prepositions would have
made the difference here, I like this type of *level-headed approach,* in
discussing bee issues since we are dealing only with the certainty of
a “bell-curve,” indeed.  In fact, one can use or abuse the
term “locality,” to camouflage one’s blooming idiocy, especially on an
international forum like this, where we do our best to hide our dirty
linen we have soiled  because nobody will be able to check.  Right?

However, the following generalization, heavy-handed and too broad by
looking things only in black and white, with no gray in between, is rather
disturbing:

“Only the best beekeepers as far as the larger beekeepers are still in
business. Cost of production will go up without the strips and perhaps
larger beekeepers will have to run less hives to be successful. Changes
will need to be made . . . . Hobby beekeepers will continue to do as many
now do. Simply order another package the next spring to replace a dead
hive.”

Had it not been for X-mas Eve, I could have gone into the mud of “what/who
is *the best* beekeeper and according to what?”  For example, the best one
should not use any chemical, though commercial.  Similarly, though I am
not a hobbyist, such broad stroke on beginners is not called for: we all
had started green sometime, somewhere, and many of us still feel green, in
fact.  True, Bob did not mean to belittle the little guys, but why drag
them into the debate unnecessarily?  I have never met a hobbyist who
knowingly created bee disease and spread it to the devastation of the
industry.  Look at the AHB brought on by a bee *expert* in Brazil around
1956, the year of Monkey in Chinese calendar, I believe.

Yoon, Shawnee, OK.