Date:
Fri, 16 Sep 2016 22:15:22 +0000
 If honey bees and all of the insect pollinators disappeared our diet would become very monotonous, but we would not starve to death.  Most of the fruit and vegetables would disappear, but the basis of our food would not.  The base of our food is small grains, wheat, barley, oats, and rice.  Throw in corn, and soybeans, and we can survive just fine.  These along with grasses are not pollinated by insects.  Wind does the job just fine.  With these we will still have poultry, eggs, beef, sheep, goats, dairy, and eggs.  Now I really like fruit and vegetables, and would hate to see them disappear.  This supposed quote from Einstein is just more fear mongering.