From:
Mike Stoops <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Feb 2006 21:02:01 -0800
Rossy Castillo Orozco <[log in to unmask]> wrote: Hi: I have read that Goldfields Apiaries, from Australia, has exported 3.000 packages bees to California.....
Here in Chile we produce packages bees too.
So I think that perhaps we could export packages to California, or queens. I hope to receive an answer. Chile has a Free Trade Agreement wih USA and perhaps we could do something good.

Thanks beforehands
Rossy Castillo

Rossy,
     Haven't seen any response to your question on the list, maybe someone did off-list.  Anyway, there are a lot of problems for you to overcome before you would be allowed to export live honeybees into the U.S.  You might contact the people who recieved the first shipments from Australia to see how they managed to overcome the importation problems.  It might be possible, but there are a lot of things you will have to overcome.  As you said, Chile has some natural barriers to the movement of unwanted bees into the country.  You just might have a viable business option there.  Good luck with your endeavors.

Mike   Located 1/2 way between Mobile and Montgomery, Alabama, USA