From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 1 May 2011 16:09:45 -0500
Hello All,
I prefer by far quality over quantity!

The most important point to consider when posting to BEE-L in my opinion is
the fact that few discussions have a clear winner.

Each side of the issue states the reasons pro or con and then eventually the
list moves on.
The "lurkers" then make up their own minds as to the discussion.
loud positions and the *last word* do not convince many beekeepers.

The BEE-L archives are the best source of beekeeping information around.
When I joined many years ago I went back to the start and read every post.
Only did my first post after reading all.
I had a good feel for each members level of knowledge and experience. There
were some real beekeeping legends on the list back then but many are gone
now or have left the list.

The internet was fairly new to most beekeepers.

You can go back to the time when varroa was first found. SHb first found or
about every event in beekeeping history and find the subject being
discussed. Pick a year and month. October/ November of 1998 for small hive
beetle. December of 2004 for the discussion on opening the U.S. border to
Aussie bees.

If you have trouble with the search ask the list and we will try to guide
you in the right direction.

Year and month is a way to get to times when certain issues first arrived.

bob