From:
Jerry Bromenshenk <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Feb 2015 18:29:48 -0500
I agree.  Bees, beekeepers, and the bee industry need new, good, and reliable tools and methods, ways to improve management.  This doesn't appear to be one of them.  Without fund raising, I'd expect this idea to simply vanish - after all, a patent doesn't say it's a good idea, simply that someone went to the effort and expense.  But the fund-raising adds a bit of a 'snake' oil sales aspect - they are not the first to do this, as the media and advocacy groups have whipped people into having bees to 'save' them.   Lots of Cash Cow Disease out there, to borrow a phrase from a colleague who may wish to remain anonymous.

My problem, there are good ideas that aren't being funded, so I hate seeing people being mislead, and it taints the whole idea of fund-raising to 'help' bees.

fund raising aspect. Nothing wrong with it if the
investors are fully
informed. But are they? My gut reaction says: no.
And that may be where "all
the aggression toward the concept" comes from.

J.J. Bromenshenk
Bee Alert
Missoula, Mt