Reply To:
Discussion of Bee Biology <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Jun 1996 13:40:28 -0400
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (23 lines)
>Jo Anne Kelch asks:                                                            
>"What's the recommended initial treatment for multiple bee stings?"            
>                                                                               
>Say ouch (or other appropriate expletive.)                                     
>                                                                               
>I think the most important thing is to scrape the stinger out with your hive   
>tool or fingernail.  This minimizes the injected venom.  After that, I use     
>baking soda paste.                                                             
>                                                                               
>Other ideas?                                                                   
>Gerry Visel                                                                    
>[log in to unmask]                                                               
>phone:  (815) 226-6620                                                         
>fax:       (815) 394-5438 or -2827                                             

I have found that an effective treatment after removal of the stinger is:       
to make a water slurry with Adolph's 100% Natural Tenderizer and to rub the     
slurry over the stung area for a few minutes.  This will greatly reduced        
the localized discomfort.  Adolph's contains papain which I believe to be       
the active ingredient.                                                          

Regards, Jim King                                                               

ATOM RSS1 RSS2