From:
Bob & Liz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 9 Feb 2002 08:30:38 -0600
Hello Aleksandar  and All,
Aleksandar wrote:
I can supply CD Rom (for Windows users on PC) from beekeeping symposium held last autumn in Croatia. CD has auto start program and no need to install anything on your PC. Has over 9 hours of audio (.mp3) and over 200 photographs and slides which allow the user to fill as he is present at symposium where lectures were about treatments (alternative) for varroa and selection. Lecturers were Ralph Buchler, Stefan Berg and Job v. Praagh from Germany, Antonio Nanetti from Italy (on English) and Janez Poklukar and Maja Drazic from Slovenia and Croatia.
I thank Aleksandar for his kind and fair offer.  I will be ordering the CD. (  I understand the CD is not in English but I live in an area of many colleges and believe I could get parts of the tape translated).  To those on the ABF leadership which are lurkers on BEE-L I would thank the making and selling of ABF or American Honey producers  conventions would be   a excellent  source of extra income and help share   needed  varroa information to beekeepers worldwide To be honest I hear very little at these meetings I did not already know BUT the occasional different approach is worth the time I spend attending lectures. I spend hours picking the lectures I want to attend because at times you have to choose between four or more going at the same time. Another reason for selling tapes to the convention. I get to the lectures    early  and  always  stay and ask questions If I am not sure I understand  what the speaker  is saying unless several are  running  at once.   Thanks again  Aleksandar    to make the offer.
Sincerely,
Bob Harrison
Ps. I guess I will air a complaint about the way the ABF convention is run.  The convention runs  four days so couldn't the ABF schedule workshops   so an attendee could listen to all talks if he so choose?  On the  workshop day I had to move between four workshops going on to glean a little bit of information from all. The workshops are done usually by fellow beekeepers and usually not a lot of new information is picked up by me (many ABF members never attend the workshops) but I   would attend  all if I could. I would have liked to have attended my friend George Imire's workshop in its entirety instead of only siting in for awhile. I try  to pick a slow time in a program to leave but leaving while a speaker is speaking is rude but what I need to do to get the  jest  of each workshop when four are run at the same time. Moving between ABF workshops is common practice and permitted by the ABF.