From:
mark berninghausen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Feb 2006 19:16:04 -0800
Me neither, Mike. And can you imagine how heavy they would be if you had 12 frames in those suckers. They were not only almost square in the up/down, front/back, but side to side too. Ugh! Not me, thank you. I was just pointing out that things had been done to get us to this point. Just like the way that I feel about TBHs. You want 'em, keep 'em, no problem from me. But they aren't practical for the commercial operators. The follks that aren trying to make a living with their bees. Why don't Dee and Ed Lusby have them?

  I inspected a hive in Holmes County, Ohio, about 21 years ago, that was made up of 3 twelve frame medium depth supers. That was enough of a bear. And I was much stronger then.

  Mark

Mike Stoops <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
   The thought that immediately came to mind was, "How would you like to lift that sucker when it was full of honey?". I, for one, would NOT want to lift that thing.