From:
James McDaniel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Jan 2016 17:55:32 -0600
The sucrose was liquid and clear when I bought the 55 gallon barrels in
Oct, 2015. The barrels are new with a light brown clean surface on the
interior. They are sitting under my tractor shed now and they have become
solid white with the consistency of very thick putty during the winter. I
have not started to heat the barrels yet because I'm not sure about the
creation of HMF. I want to use the sucrose to feed late winter if the need
arises. I am thinking about buying a barrel heater with a thermostat to
keep the temp down and insulate around them to assist in even heating.
I'm just not sure at what temp it will go back to liquid.