Date:
Sat, 26 Jun 1999 10:59:42 -0400
Hollo Harry and all,
Sorry for the slow/short responses. I am
at the tail (stinger) end of my busy season
And just trying to keep-up.

I don't have the latest numbers, but sales of
organic fruits and vegetables has increased
about 20% (annually) for some years now.
This is expected to increase even more as
more of the large food chainstores enter the
market.

Organic honey is difficult to produce. Here are
some standards that must be met in FL.
2 mile uncontaminated area,
Sugar & sugar products prohibited during honey flow,
Colonies infected with AFB must be destroyed,
No "fume boards",
Apiares must be on "certified" land,
Synthetically compounded materials for health care are
prohibited,
and the extraction facility must adhere to all regulations
for organic processing.
There are many more regs. but I think you get the picture.

I always did like a good challenge!
Thanks again to all, keep the info (& honey) flowing.
Ed Parker