From:
randy oliver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 23 Mar 2013 06:20:56 -0700
>The debate over neonics seems to have two camps with one saying "There is
nothing to worry about. Bee happy." and the other says " My spider sensors
are tingling, opps, I think they just died".

Ted, I have great respect for scientists such as Dr. Mineau who are looking
out for the environment.  But I can't agree with your division of "camps."
 I see the division as such:

Camp 1: All available on-the-ground evidence to date suggests that the
neonics, WHEN USED AS SEED TREATMENTS, cause less environmental harm than
the insecticides that they replaced.

Camp 2:  Based upon supposition, and despite the lack of any firm evidence,
the neonics are an ecological disaster that are leading to the end of life
as we know it.

The first camp seems to be more reasonable to me.

--
Randy Oliver
Grass Valley, CA