From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Aug 2011 08:32:50 -0500
Dee said:
> 2 losses so far out of over 700. Now getting ready for fall build-up
> season working hives up.

despite the back breaking work of the way you keep bees I applaud your
success with your methods!

Many felt when you and Ed started the process it would fail or you would
join (using at least a few of )the way most commercial beekeepers keep bees
today.

I use treatments and my bees look the best in years!

It seems some *southern* beekeepers are able now to see less nosema ceranae
issues and some are slowly dropping fumigillin. Fumigillin is expensive and
many feel in the south they are not getting their moneys worth.

A different story for most in the upper Midwest into Canada.

Best of luck to all whatever your methods of treatment are.

You Go Girl!

How is your honey situation Dee?

I feel a bit guilty having a big Missouri honey crop when all my fellow
beekeepers
south of the Missouri line did not get a crop and  have been feeding
bees for weeks to keep the bees from starving. The situation has been
reversed and is the way agriculture is. Always a gamble and never count your
honey until after the honey is in the drum.

Hurricane Irene is going to smash  hives I am afraid as I helped cleanup
after Hurricane Donna (Florida in the late fifties)

Abnormal heart rhythm today so will have to sit in the bee truck and watch
the work happen. Not like me and I *should* cancel the days work but not
like me so off to the bees.

I was in the emergency room last week for the fourth time since January.

bob