From:
Bob Cannaday <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Jun 2000 07:49:57 -0400
I have had a question that has been on my mind and was wondering if
someone could set me straight. I have heard that if you want to move honey
out of a honey bound broad super whether an old super from storage or
currently in use you can scratch the cells and place it above the inner
cover and let the bees move it down to your honey supers.  My question
is... if the bound honey you are wanting to move was part of the broad area
and treated with medication, wouldn't moving it be pointless since it is
was medicated and now un-useable or is this method of moving only for
winter preparation, which, in that case why would you want to scratch and
move when you could leave in place?

Thanks